Come join our afterschool program where kids will enjoy making crafts from nature, meeting plant friends, and playing fun nature connection games, right in their school neighborhoods!
- Grades: 1st-5th
- Where: We pick students up at different schools throughout Eugene/Springfield to explore local natural areas by foot.
- Depending on the school’s distance to a natural area, we either walk back to the school or have a designated off-site pick-up area nearby. You will be emailed specific pick up locations.
- When: Once weekly for 2 hours right after school.
- Students who do not attend the school need to be dropped off promptly by parents/guardians. Pickup is exactly 2 hours from the official release time for that school.
- Schedule: Spring 2023 will run from January 16th to May 19th.
- Our programming already accounts for no-school days at your specific school.
- If your school doesn’t have school, we don’t have CK.
- If you have an early release, we don’t have CK.
- Enrollment: Opens November 30th. Closes January 25th.
- Ratio: 6 students to 1 instructor.
- *We also have Coyote Kids Daytime programs at Mount Pisgah Arboretum from 9:30am-1:30pm.
Scholarships and payment plans are available (see Financial Aid section).
- Adams Elementary on Wednesdays, 3:00-5:00pm.
- Camas Ridge Elementary on Thursdays, 2:25-4:25pm.
- Centennial Elementary on Tuesdays, 2:50-4:50pm.
- $205.78 *
- Edgewood Elementary on Mondays, 3:00 – 5:00pm.
- Edgewood Elementary on Thursdays, 3:00 – 5:00pm.
- McCornack Elementary on Mondays, 3:00 – 5:00pm.
- $205.78 *
- Ridgeline Montessori on Fridays, 1:05 – 3:05pm.
- Village School on Wednesdays, 2:45 – 4:45pm.
- $205.78 *
*These are Equity Project schools where the 50% scholarship has already been applied to the program price, so no additional scholarships will be awarded. See the adjacent Financial Aid section for more details.
Coyote Kids Love nature!
“After missing out on school this spring, the opportunity to send my daughter to a camp we felt safe about this summer was amazing. Her confidence was boosted and I could tell she loved having a fun environment where she could learn and use her imagination around other kids; she really thrives on that interaction. Thanks for all your efforts!” – Testimonial by a parent of a 2020 summer camper
Preparing For Camp
Nature connection is for everyone. That’s why we are committed to making nature camps accessible for as many families as possible. We are proud to offer need-based scholarships for families who would like to attend our programs. Discounts are available for up to half off the program cost.
A 50% Scholarship “Equity Project fund” has been pre-applied to the tuition at those schools indicated in the list above, and no forms are needed to receive this maximum 50% scholarship.
At any of our other schools you are encouraged to apply for a scholarship for up to 50% of the total tuition. You can apply for these scholarships after you register. Please read more details on our Scholarships page.
More about what we do
- Programs are all outdoors
- Kids learn real outdoor skills
- Connect with nature right near where you live
- Each term features new learning focus
Looking for an educational outdoor program that offers real skills? You have come to the right place. Coyote Kids! is an opportunity for kids to become students of nature. Our trained nature mentors guide students to finding a deeper understanding of the natural world and their place in it. Our program structure includes a mix of directed activity and child-led play which allows students to explore the natural environment on their own terms. Learn more about what makes us different.
Between our rotating curriculum and the inspiration provided by nature and our highly trained instructors, every term of Coyote Kids is unique, year after year. Students of our Learning Pathways learn skills through play and story, working toward a Level 1 Certificate. Then there’s still room for learning as we guide them on next steps for Level 2!
Parents receive a periodic email newsletter that describes what has been happening at Coyote Kids! nature camp (including pictures!) and includes our weekly “Dirt Time” assignments. While optional, those kids who choose to complete their Dirt Time assignments will receive a custom Coyote Kids bandanna that they can use to show off their achievement, as well as 75 additional uses!
All of our students work on learning skills of survival, awareness, and self sufficiency to develop independence and deepen their relationship with nature. All of our students have opportunities to achieve certifications in things like fire building, shelter construction, animal track ID, navigational skills, wild plant uses, and more in their Learning Pathways passport.