Were you inspired by a mentor as a kid? Now it’s your turn.
Whole Earth Nature School is looking for staff who want to make a positive impact on youth in our area while gaining experience mentoring students outdoors. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply, including folx of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, languages, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and ages. We employ staff in several positions and programs, giving employees options to work at day and overnight summer camps, after-school programs, and/or Outdoor School programs. Program and instructional staff work as valued members of our Whole Earth Nature School community in service of local youth and their families. Here are qualities some of our staff have:
- A desire to connect youth with self, peers, and nature
- An interest in youth development and sensitivity to participants’ life experiences and physical and emotional needs
- A passion for equitable and inclusive approaches to student engagement
- A love of play and an active imagination
- An open mind and a willingness to learn and have new experiences
- A background in nature awareness and wilderness skills
We value all the unique qualities and passions our staff add to our community. If you are interested in supporting youth, learning, having fun, and being outdoors, we want to hear from you! Select the “Apply” button below to complete an online application. You will have an option to submit a cover letter and resume in the application.
We are currently following or exceeding all COVID-19 health guidelines for youth programs and school-based programs. Please contact us for more information and with questions about policies to ensure staff and student health and safety.
Whole Earth Nature School is looking for a Development and Outreach Director who thrives in a dynamic, collaborative work environment to support our mission of youth development through mentored outdoor experiences. All staff work as valued members of our Whole Earth Nature School community in service of local youth and their families. This position is full-time with benefits.
Ideal candidates will be skilled and dynamic communicators who are passionate about sharing our mission in the community. We are seeking someone who can help us to grow our organization and impact through effective outreach and fundraising efforts.
The position is open until filled.
We are currently accepting applications for assistant instructor positions for spring Outdoor School and Summer Nature Camps. Most of our Spring & Summer Lead Instructor positions are now filled.
Please read the job description here and apply using the button below.
We are committed to Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion:
Whole Earth is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all students, volunteers, and employees. Some examples of our commitment to JEDI include:
- normalizing pronoun use during meetings and programs
- providing needs-based scholarships to students
- offering affinity camps for girls, boys, and genderdiverse campers
- providing JEDI training to all staff
- committing to implementing anti-racist practices
- paying staff to participate in monthly justice-focused community group
- decolonizing curriculum and amplifying Black, Indigenous, & People of Color (BIPOC) voices and perspectives
- using trauma-informed behavior support strategies
- providing accommodations for students to participate in our programs and staff to lead programs
- evaluating and modifying curriculum, programming, organizational policies and systems to be more just, equitable and inclusive
We thank the Avarna Group and BEETLES project for making materials available to improve our hiring process and workplace, including “Intentional Hiring and Recruitment through the Lens of Equity and Inclusion” and “A Toolkit to Mitigate Bias in Recruitment & Hiring.” We are constantly working to improve policies, systems, and programs. We welcome input from staff, students, and families to be more equitable and inclusive.