Did you have a nature mentor as a youth? Now it’s your turn.
Whole Earth Nature School is looking for staff who want to make a positive impact on youth in our area while gaining experience mentoring students outdoors. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds with a wide range of nature connection and youth development experiences to apply. We employ staff in several positions and programs, giving employees options to work at day and overnight summer camps, after-school programs, and/or overnight Outdoor School programs. Program and instructional staff work as valued members of our Whole Earth Nature School community in service of local youth and their families. Here are some of the qualities that we are looking for in our staff:
- A fervent desire to connect youth with nature
- Interest in youth development and sensitivity to participants’ life experiences and physical and emotional needs
- A love of play and an active imagination
- An open mind and a willingness to learn and have new experiences
- A background in nature awareness and wilderness skills
- The ability to be punctual and self-managing
- The willingness to work hard for something that you are passionate about
If this describes you, then we would love to hear from you. We typically do most of our hiring in February and March for the upcoming Summer season, and we also hire new staff periodically throughout the year as needs arise. If you wish to apply please click the “Apply” button and complete an online application. After completing the application, you may opt to email a cover letter and resume to: ContactUs@WholeEarth.org.