T-Shirt Design Contest
Vote for our 2019 T-shirt Design
Our t-shirt contest has ended and entries are in!
Just click the button above to vote for your favorite entry in each category.
And let us know if there is one design in particularly that you just absolutely LOVE!
We need your creativity
for our 2019 t-shirts!
Step 1: Pick up to 2 print colors (and desired shirt color)
Step 2: Create a design.
Step 3: Submit your design to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winning design and artist will be featured online and may be printed on all of our 2019 summer camp, staff, and volunteer shirts! Woohoo!
- The winners of each category will also receive a t-shirt printed with the winning design, a prize of $50 toward any of our programs, our Thneedless Headwear™ tube-bandanna, a Whole Earth stainless steel water bottle, and sticker schwag!
- Age categories are 3-7, 8-12, and 13+. Whole Earth staff, board, and their immediate families, are eligible to submit entires in the Bonus category.
Your submitted design and/or artwork must relate to our mission statement and core values (see below). The winners from each category will be judged on how compelling the design is and how well it represents the work we do, without being specific to a particular program, before being selected to be the official 2019 t-shirt.
Every entry must be a digital file. High resolution photos are acceptable to be judged, but if selected as the winner, we will require files to either be vector (.AI or .EPS highly preferred) or .PDF, .JPG, and .PNG are also acceptable.
- If not vector, the resolution must be at least 300 dpi
- The final image must be no larger than of 8″x10″
- A maximum of 2 ink colors (plus shirt color)
- The artist must be able to provide any fonts used upon selection as a winner.
- Hand-drawn artwork can be photographed for submission (if selected as winner we will scan it at 300dpi).
- We recommend avoiding intricate linework (like crosshatching) or gradients, in order for the design to be effectively converted into a t-shirt screening image.
- Each entry must be of ORIGINAL design and may not contain any photos and/or artwork that has been altered or modified. The entry must not infringe on the rights of any third party. A few Whole Earth graphical assets available for use in your design should you choose, and are included in this folder.
- Artists may optionally include a description of their work that may be used during voting/communications.
Each entry is due March 24th at 9am, firm. Please submit your entry along with the artist’s name, Age, Address, Phone Number, and Email Address to email@example.com
To assist us in locating your entry, please use the following email subject: Design by [Name], age [#]
Example email subject: Design by Sylvan, age 8
- Voting will be available via a google form posted on Whole Earth Nature School’s Facebook page: facebook.com/WholeEarthSchool
- The winning entry for each age category will be selected by Whole Earth Nature School staff, in our sole and absolute discretion, and be announced on April 5th.
- The winning artists/entries for each age category will receive acknowledgement by Whole Earth Nature School on our website, newsletter, and/or social media pages, and all the sweet social karma that entails. The winner of the design selected for the 2019 t-shirt art will receive 2 shirts in the sizes they choose.
- From the winners of each age category, Whole Earth Nature School staff may select one design to be the new shirt design for 2019. Winners of each age category may also have their artwork featured on stickers or other schwag at the discretion of Whole Earth Nature School.
- Artists must be the sole creators of their work, or register under the age category of the oldest contributor to their work.
- No purchase necessary to participate.
- All entries will be screened before the initial voting to ensure that they comply with the official rules and with the branding of our organization.
- The Whole Earth Nature School Shirt Design Contest (“contest”) is open to eligible to participants (“participants”) who are residents of the United States. By participating in this contest, participants agree to be bound by the official rules of this contest. This contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to federal, state, and local regulations. Taxes on prizes, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Void where prohibited.
- In the event that no entry is selected, the Whole Earth Nature School reserves the right to declare no winner and run the contest again at a later date. Whole Earth Nature School will have all rights to the winning design. By submitting your entry, you agree that if your design wins, it will be used by Whole Earth Nature School however deemed.
Mentoring students in the outdoors to foster confidence, resilience, and kinship with nature.
The Mission Statement of Whole Earth Nature School defines what we do as an organization. Our Core Values define how and why we fulfill our mission. They remind us of what is important on a daily basis as we go about the business of fulfilling our mission. They are the essence of the company’s identity – the principles, beliefs or philosophy of values.
- Cultivate gratitude
- Encourage a culture of respect
- Learn from failure
- Teach appropriate risk taking
- Take personal responsibility
- Practice Awareness